Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Unscheduled Downtime - 2016/01/10

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s)
Nyx Viliana
Nyx Viliana
Not Recruting

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.01.10 12:49:40 - [1] - Quote

Fappp wrote:
Hi!

Just started playing today, great, absolutely great! Big smile
I thought the delays were on my end, good to hear it was a aftershock of the last patch.

Played for about 30/60 minutes before the server went down, but I'm def. coming back for more when the servers are online again!

Take your time!

Hi there,

As someone who has played eve for years now, welcome.

CCP have done a wonderful job over the years, patches for the most part go much smoother now. I can remember when eve was down for hours and hours at a time. So rest assured. This is not common and it is not usually this bad.

Welcome to eve, and may Bob have mercy on your soul
Nyx Viliana
Nyx Viliana
Not Recruting

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.01.10 12:58:33 - [2] - Quote

Xylem Viliana wrote:
Nyx Viliana wrote:
Fappp wrote:
Hi!

Just started playing today, great, absolutely great! Big smile
I thought the delays were on my end, good to hear it was a aftershock of the last patch.

Played for about 30/60 minutes before the server went down, but I'm def. coming back for more when the servers are online again!

Take your time!

Hi there,

CCP have done a wonderful job over the years, patches for the most part go much smoother now. I can remember when eve was down for hours and hours at a time. So rest assured. This is not common and it is not usually this bad.

Some of remember multiple day DT's bud :-P

Remember boot ini?
Nyx Viliana
Nyx Viliana
Not Recruting

Posted - 2017.01.11 07:01:36 - [3] - Quote

AngryCanuk wrote:
Elenahina wrote:
Lattimer Larkin wrote:
Hey, look, my first downtime! So, what's the longest anyone remembers a downtime lasting? I'd love to hear some stories!

Couple days.

And there was the time they broke star gates. That was pretty amusing.

There was a time they broke the boot.ini....

They did not break it, as I remember it they deleted it as part of the update, and then forgot to reinstall it.

- I am linking this only because I saw an ISD forum guy link it somewhere else :P
Nyx Viliana
Nyx Viliana
Not Recruting

Posted - 2017.01.11 07:07:35 - [4] - Quote

Hexion Deteis wrote:
Fappp wrote:
Nyx Viliana wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Ofcourse I heard of EVE, and about 6 years ago I first tried it. Got some kids who needed to be fed, so that kept me away. Now I'm back to play it good! :D

Thought I was the only one.. Good luck - and if I see you on the Overview I'll go for you first ;)

Booom mwahahaha Cool
Nyx Viliana
Nyx Viliana
Not Recruting

Posted - 2017.01.11 07:10:00 - [5] - Quote

Joe Turnbull wrote:
wonder if we'll get a 2nd "emergency downtime" again like last time this happened XD

How long ago was the last roll back - I don't remember one in many many years.

If you are referring to the TQ hardware switch, no matter how much they did, that was never going to go smoothly

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240514/1507
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.